Saturday, January 3, 2009

Unproductive

I was unproductive today and this is unproductive post. Oh and I'm kinda rambly today.

I got my hair cut, shopped, and hung out with Lindsay. No writing, no critting, no talking to my advisor.

I guess I was productive on a social front, but on a goal front nada.

I was recently asked what my New Years resolution was going to be. I hadn't really thought about it. Resolutions aren't my thing for New Years.

But I can name one now. To get myself back on track on the college and health front.

For New Years since I was 12 I've used it as a sort of an emotional Spring cleaning. Anyone I'm not talking to I give up on and move on and forget what damage they've caused. I've only made allowances one year since.

I'm not gonna go in to why I came up with this idea, but I think it's a good one.

To let all the pain be remain in the last year and move on with a blank page. People often say, "Today is a new day", but often days, weeks, months run into one another. And all the baggage carries over and for one day we can slow down and let it all go.

This year, I didn't have much to forgive and let go. Means I had a pretty good year huh?

The only thing I was still holding on to was a breach of my trust by the one person I had let in, the same person I made allowances for last year.

How has my life changed in the last year and how has it remained the same?

  • Many of my loved ones are still here from previous years, but I've made some new ones and some I've let go.
  • Grandma Cloyce died in July, Uncle Donny died in May.
  • Mimi, McKayla, Lakin, and Brodie have all come in to my life and blessed it.
  • I've moved houses, though back to the city I grew up in.
  • I'm still in the same college, though a different major.
  • I'm no longer scared of dogs and I have grown leaps and bounds in my new courage.
My life has changed dramatically, though I'm not sure I feel all that different from last year.

Does anyone also think New Years is a good time to clean out emotional baggage? And how many of you LOVE "When Harry Met Sally"

3 Comments:

  1. Nayuleska said...
    Never seen it :)

    Yup, very good ideas. And not everything has to be productive. Sometimes, emotional production is better than anything else :) Says she who doesn't write on a saturday because its my 'day off'. In truth my brain is a little frazzled after Arabic (prefers Japanese....)
    Laura said...
    I've never heard of "When Harry met Sally"...

    But I use New Years as a sort of emotional cleaning time. I do my best to simply forget about past hurts and whatnot. It's a new year, which simply feels bigger than a new day.
    Michelle D. Argyle said...
    I've never seen When Harry Met Sally. One I should watch?

    Yes, this is a good time to clean out baggage! It's a tough resolution and will require a bit of time for me, but I will try. Thanks for the good idea, Rie. And good luck to you on it!

Post a Comment



 

Home Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates