Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Layout!

I have a new layout! I also have new hair! It's back to normal!

I have 4 days until I head out to Denver.

I don't have much to say. I'm plotting my Nano.

Ah! So I came up with a topic!

Cheers!

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.

Do you have a place where this is true? I have 2 places! One online and one here at home.

1. Online

CC, it's my home away from home. It's the place I go when there is news of any kind within my life I want to share with others and I've met so many people that have turned into friends. I'm going to list some of them and if I leave any out I'm very sorry you know I love all of you.

Sarah-She is super independent sometimes to her detriment and she is always a voice of reason.

Inky-She's a lover of all things good in life. Puppies, writing, and lives in the land of kangaroos.

Sparky-We may be almost exactly the same age, but we are very opposite. She is into dark sci-fi and I'm a bunny loving hug a bug. I love Obama, she loves McCain.

Rock-He is ALWAYS the one I turn to. Usually we fight to get past any issue I'm having. When I push I know he'll set a boundary and I'll not go past it and we will survive any fight I issue. Knowing I can't push him away means more to me than anything.

2. Life

Enid- my hometown.

Lindsay- She's my girlie. Anytime I'm awake, not at school, and she's not at work than we are together. She is a fun time. A place to turn. A best friend for the last 10 years.

D-We don't know each other all that well, but he supports my girl when she needs it and I know I can always call him if there is a problem.

Jared-Quiet, thoughtful, beautiful.

I can't forget my family. My sister and mother, they are the ones that hold me up when there is no world underneath my feet.

There are so many more in both worlds, but those I mentioned are the ones that have influenced my life the most recently.

5 Comments:

  1. Michelle D. Argyle said...
    Yay for good friends! It's great to have so many, isn't it?

    I really like your new layout. It feels clean and fresh.

    I checked out CC, but I'm extremely intimidated. I know that I would get sucked in and spend way too much time on there waiting for people's comments instead of actually writing. I think I would learn a lot, though. Maybe if you convince me? You've done a little convincing me showing me how many friends you've made!

    Good luck with the nano. I'm skipping out this year, but I'll think about it next year. :)
    marieconley3 said...
    The thing that will take the most time is the forums, but the critiques are GREAT!!! They e-mail you when you get a critique so you won't sit there waiting for them.

    CC is the best place online and has helped me grow as an author in so many ways.
    Amy Laurens said...
    Lady Glamis, if you do decide to join CC, please let me know! I'd love to welcome you, show you around, etc etc :) (I'm Inkblot there too.)

    The threads can be a bit of a time sink, but to be honest, it's a con that's heavily outweighed by the pros. A lot of sites have influenced my writing and taught me so many things, but CC is thus far the single most influential.
    marieconley3 said...
    Inky thats a great offer! I too would be more than happy to show her the ropes as is Lei. You can put in as much time as you could want to or limit your time. I'm addicted and like being addicted except for during Nano. But we have word races constantly and people will poke you to work.
    Michelle D. Argyle said...
    I feel nudged.

    Nudge a little more and I might do it.

    I really am scared to do it. I only work on one project at a time, as you know, so I don't have a ton of stuff to share. Does that matter?

    I mean, more critiques on my novel mean more revisions, and I'm wanting to be finished so badly so I can move on! Maybe I'll join when I am finished...

    So...if I do decide to join, how will you show me around? Just start, I guess, by giving me the basics...

    You're welcome to email me if you wish at ladyglamis@gmail.com

    *shaking in my shoes* over here.

Post a Comment



 

Home Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates